In just three and a half weeks I will be taking on my 6th marathon – 26.2 with Donna, the Breast Cancer Research Marathon in Jacksonville, Florida. I wanted to check in with you all to give you a little update on how my training has been going lately and where I stand.
The Good –
– I am up from run/walking to being able to just run, which was not the case in October.
– I completed my longest run in over 5 months at 16.5 miles, and am aiming for 18.5 this weekend. (fingers crossed)
– I am very happy to be up and moving around more than I was at this time last year. It is all about baby steps forward.
– I am looking forward to the race, and feeling confident I will finish even if it isn’t close to my original time goal, which is okay as this is more about getting it done and building back up.
The Bad –
– I am still struggling with a case of tendinitis in my left foot from NYC. Some days are better and some are worse, so who knows how each day (and the marathon itself) will be.
– I had to start this training cycle 3/4 weeks late because of the tendinitis, so my long runs won’t peak as high as I want and I will have a short taper.
The Ugly –
– I am up still really struggling with my Adrenal Fatigue. I have done lots of the doctor’s suggestions, but have not seen too much improvement. Because of this issue I am only running 2 or 2.5 days a week – no good when training for a marathon. I am really UNDERTRAINED!
Let me know –
What is the good, bad, or ugly about your current training?