I am not a big one to set “Resolutions” as I feel like that term conjures feelings of changes that will be forgotten just a few weeks into the new year. However, I do like to use the start of a new year as a time to reflect upon my goals. So, I recently sat down and thought about what I really hope to accomplish in 2017, and just as importantly the steps I will take to make those goals a reality. I set four 2017 Health and Wellness Goals and also four Personal and Business Goals (coming in another post soon) and felt like 8 goals was plenty – any more than that and I worried they would get a bit too overwhelming.
So, I am sharing my 2017 Health and Wellness Goals with you today, and the three strategies I am using to meet each goal, not only so you can see where I am headed this year, but also for my own accountability.
2017 Health and Wellness Goals
Medical = get healthier and learn to manage my Leaky Gut and other issues
– stay 100% gluten free (I’ve been bad and sneaking in small cheats)
– continue to see my Functional Medicine Doctor
– visit my sports med chiro for ART (Active Release Techniques) every 2 weeks
Diet = eat better overall, less junk!
– track food daily for accountability
– work hard to control binges, find alternatives
– no late night CVS/Food Lion runs (they are right across the street from my house and sometimes, especially on weekends, I’ll run across the street after dinner and come home with lots of junk!)
Fitness = get back my speed (I slowed down about 2 min a mile over the last 2 years when I got sick)
– ditch the extra 38 pounds of weight I gained
– get cleared to return to Orange Theory Fitness
– commit to my workouts – stop making excuses to skip
Mental Health = feel less mentally exhausted
– focus on getting more rest
– listen to my body when it tells me to slows down (like taking a night off blogging just to relax)
– be kind to myself and don’t pressure myself so much
Let me know –
What are your 2017 Health and Wellness Goals?