Now that I am done with the marathon (see race recap here) where will I go from here?
Here are all my big plans for what is after the NYC marathon:
– continue to work with my functional med doctor
– stay gluten free forever (along with soy & peanut free)
– try to limit dairy and sugar
– make smarter food decisions
– allow my body the sleep and rest it needs
– listen to my body when it tells me to slow down
– continue to see my sports med chiro/ART therapist
– be kind to myself
– slowly get back into racing shape/ditch the weight gain
Get Back to Training
– slowly work my way back up to running from run walking
– eventually add in more intense exercise like tempo runs and speed work (when I am cleared for it)
– get back to Orange Theory for strength work (when I am cleared for it)
– actually use my spin bike at home for cross training
– stretch and roll like crazy to combat my joint hypermobility syndrome
Get Back to Racing
– Dec. 10 = Kiawah Half –
Kiawah is a month after NYC and I know some of those weeks in-between will be spent in recovery. My goal is to run more of this race than I walk as I work my way from run/walking to just running.
– Jan. 14 = Charleston Half –
5 weeks after I race at Kiawah I plan on being able to run the entire half in Charleston, and maybe a bit more ( 16 or 18 mile possibly) as I prepare for the full marathon a month later.
– Feb. 12 = Run Donna Full – After walking NYC my goal is to run all 26.2 miles. This will be 6 months after my initial diagnosis (over 2 years since I got sick) and 3 months after I slowly tried to start adding running back in.
– April 8 = Savannah Women’s Half –
I wasn’t planning on doing this race, but it is only about 2 hours away and it happens to be on my 35th birthday. I have never run on my birthday before so I got suckered in. By this point I’ll be 8 months into treatment and 5 months into my return to running so unlike the other two half marathons I’ll actually set a time goal for this one. I am hoping sub 2:15, but we will see how that looks when I get closer.
Let me know –
What is coming up for you next for you?
Will you be training this winter? Or is this the off season where you are?