*This post is sponsored by jimmyCASE, but all opinions expressed in it are completely my own.
I have run the Marine Corp Marathon in DC and Peachtree in Atlanta, along with some other awesome races in fabulous cities. This year I will be taking on the New York City Marathon and along with all the excitement of a big city race some questions arise. For example: What will I need to carry on me during the race? I am here to tell you what I have found to be the 6 Essentials for Your Big City Race.
6 Essentials for Your Big City Race
– ID – When running a large race in a big city it is a good idea to carry ID with you because you never know when you could need it, better safe than sorry right? Have your driver’s license on you before, during, and after the race.
– Some Cash – Yes, almost everywhere takes credit card now, but what if you run into a situation where you need cash and you don’t have it – You don’t want to be out of luck! Toss a twenty dollar bill in with your driver’s license in order to be prepared.
– Credit Card – You never know when you might suddenly need money – for food after the race, that piece of gear you decided you cannot live without, to pay for a different mode of transportation home, etc. No matter what you may need funds for, it is important not to be stuck without a way to pay. Be sure to tuck a credit card in with your ID and that twenty dollar bill in case any larger expenses arise.
– Public Transport Card/Car Key – When you are running a big city race logistics usually mean that you have to park away from the start or finish line, be sure to have your car key on you securely so it will not come loose during the race. Or, if you will be using public transport be sure that you have purchased a card/pass in advance (not the morning of) and that you know exactly where to get on and off the public transport before and after the race.
– Hotel Key Card – If you are an out of towner (like I have been in all my big city races) then you are also going to want to make sure you head out for your race with your hotel key card on you. That way, when the race is over and you head back to your home away from home for that post race shower, you won’t have any problems getting in.
– Phone – Finally, not only could most of us not live without our phones, but it is a crucial piece of big city race gear. It not only allows you to stay in contact with others, but it also becomes you best friend when trying to navigate around an unfamiliar city. Google Maps has saved my life more than I care to admit.
So the question becomes – How do I keep all of this together before, during, and after my race? Read on to find out about an awesome new product I discovered and to enter the giveaway.
I was just introduced to the jimmyCASE which is not only super practical, it is also really cute case for you phone My iPhone 5 jimmyCASE will be making the trip to New York City for the marathon with me because it helps to keep all 6 Essentials for Your Big City Race in one place. Using the jimmyCASE my phone becomes the storage for my hotel key card, public transportation card, credit card, ID, and $20. It will hold the 4 cards and my folded up twenty dollar bill perfectly so everything is all in one place under a thick elastic strap. That way, when I tuck it into my running belt, I don’t have to worry about cards and cash flying everywhere whenever I open my belt up, the jimmyCASE will keep everything safe in one spot.
– holds 6 cards and cash
– real mahogany core
– durable yet slim
– made for : iPhone 6s, 6Plus, 5/5s/5c, 4/4s, and Samsung Galaxy S4
– handmade in the USA
Let me know –
How you use the jimmyCASE for your phone?
– or –
How do you carry your stuff before, during, and after races?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Must be 18 to win giveaway. Prize is one jimmyCASE (excluding custom cases).