Ever worry that you are leaving something important out of your blog posts? Well have no need to fear. I am going to tell you the 6 step method I use when creating posts. This will help make sure that you know how to create the perfect blog post every time.
How to Create the Perfect Post:
1. Craft an Awesome Title – Include an attention grabbing title to pull in readers. Need help deciding on a title? This post on 5 Blog Topics to Attract Viewers gives ideas of headlines and titles that work to hook readers.
2. Insert Fabulous Images – Creating killer images for your blog post is easier than ever thanks to fabulous free editing software like Canva.com. Check out my post on How to Create Eye Catching Graphics for your blog for a video tutorial that will show you exactly how to use Canva to make some amazing images for your posts.
3. Utilize Spacing – You can have an awesome title and fabulous images, but if your text is all clumped together in one big blob it will scare people away instantly. Having huge paragraph after huge paragraph seems daunting to your readers. Instead utilize space to spread your information out so that it isn’t all clumped together. (I put spacing between each number on this list for this very reason. It makes the list easier to read that if I just smashed all 6 together in one big paragraph.)
4. Switch up the Fonts – Use font features like underlining, bolding, and italicizing text to make certain sections of text stand apart in your post. This can be a great way to draw attention to important information, put in an aside, or change things up a bit when you switch topics. Don’t go wild though – use this sparingly so it shows emphasis.
5. Make it Easily Shareable – Make it easy for your readers to share your blog across their social media channels. Not only does this bring more new readers into your blog, but it also helps create a community of people who are all sharing and talking about your content on social media.
Some top ways to share:
– install the Click to Tweet plugin and use it once in every post (Trust me, the number of Tweets about your posts will skyrocket.)
– add in social media share buttons using a free plugin like Shareaholic
– use a PinIt Button for all you images
6. Utilize Calls to Action – Calls to Action (usually abbreviated as CTA) are used to get your audience to complete some type of action as a result of your request or prompting. One of the best ways to get readers to interact and comment on your blog is to ask them to, simple as that. Work questions in throughout your blog post (as they fit) and always ended you blog with a CTA that prompts your reader to comment. I personally have found this works best by asking them about a question, opinion, story, etc. that relates to the post.
Let me know –
Do you include all 6 of these features in your posts?
Is there anything else you add in?