Lately, I have been doing tons of my Thursday social media posts on Periscope as it is the hottest new platform, and a great way to grow you brand/business and convert clients. If you are not sure about Periscope be sure to check out some of my guides.
Periscope 101: How to be a Rocking Viewer is perfect for when you first start Periscope and are getting your feet wet by watching other people’s scopes first.
Periscope 101: How to be an Engaging Broadcaster is the ULTIMATE guide to perfecting your scope technique and even includes a killer before, during, and after checklist.
Once you have started scoping be sure to check out my One Week Periscope Challenge to step up your game by scoping for a whole week straight!
In order to truly utilize Periscope to grow your brand/business and turn viewers into client – you must have viewers. So, how do you get Periscope viewers? Today I am hear with a few tips on how to grow your Periscope following so you can begin racking up those new followers and watching the numbers grow.
How to Grow Your Periscope Following –
1. Scope Consistently – You get out of any form of social media exactly what you put into it. You cannot expect people to be excited to follow you if you are not scoping on a consistent basis. If you bombard them with a ton of scopes in one day and then your channel is crickets for a week you don’t look like a reliable broadcaster. Set a goal to scope on a consistent basis – aim for once a day. Honestly, I even write Periscope in my planner, or use this weekly content calendar, so I don’t forget.
2. Share Valuable Content – People watch Periscopes to pick up valuable content so the highest performing scopes are those that teach your audience something. Randomly showing clips of your workout or town will not have people begging for more, but if every time you hop on you are sharing valuable information people will want to make sure they are following you so that they never miss a broadcast.
3. Think About Your Timing – It is essential that you think about the timing before you scope. About to do an awesome scope? Want to draw in a big crowd and get more followers? It probably is not the best idea to do it at 3:00pm as most people are still at work. I have personally found that scoping around 9-10pm is best for my following because people are done with work, errands, etc. for the day and have a bit of time. Be sure you test it out and notice what time works best for your audience.
4. Ask Your Viewers to Share Your Scopes – Remind the people who are watching your scope to share it so that you can draw in new viewers. Slide this into your scope early on with something as simple as, “don’t forget to share if you think this content will be valuable for your followers. Swipe left to right on iPhone and down on Android.” When you followers invite new people into your scope you instantly have a change to make a great first impression in order to gain more followers.
5. Remind Viewers to Follow You – So, with all these new viewers popping in to check out your scope be sure you are following tip number 2 to turn them into permanent followers, but also – remind them to follow you! At some point in your broadcast toss in a quick call to action like this, “Swipe left to right on iPhone and down on Android and hit that follow button if you are enjoying my scope so you don’t miss out on any of the other free information I provide here.”
6. Actively Participate in Other Scopes – Be sure not only to do your own Periscope broadcasts, but to also be an active participant in other’s broadcasts. When you are actively participating other scope viewers see you as great, interactive viewer and are more likely to follow you. You can also reply directly to viewers’ comments in scopes you are watching to interact with people that you think would be a good fit for your brand.
To download these tips on How to Grow Your Periscope Following in a printable guide click the blue box below.
(This allows you to save them in a social media/blogging folder or binder.)
Let me know –
What is your current Periscope status?
Have not downloaded yet, only viewing, down a few scopes, Scope Queen, etc.