Here is a little recap for you all. A challenge update if you will.
One week down, here is where I stand 9 days in.
I am currently participating in Spring Reset 21 Day Challenge where my biggest goal is to make it 21 days with no artificial sweeteners/sugar (fruit is okay). For a woman who lives for dessert 3 weeks without it – well it could be torture, or it could be life changes.
In addition to that I also joined the Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge at my gym which is an 8 week challenge involving before and after measurements, photos, and of course recording your weight. However, what I am most excited about is that everyone is assigned to a team and each team is paired with a trainer/coach and an assistant. The trainer I was assigned to seems really enthusiastic and motivating, which I need. I am pretty sure I have gotten about 7 separate emails from him about everything from nutrition tips, to grocery lists, to team fitness events he wants to schedule. I am actually pretty excited about the team stuff he is putting together because it could be a great way to meet more people at my Orange Theory studio.
After 9 days how goes it?
– Last week was state testing week. Monday – Wednesday the teachers lounge was filled with mini candy bars to encourage the teachers. I usually,accidently, graze all day and I didn’t touch a single one. Woohoo!
– Thursday and Friday I was offered free lunch from delicious, but really unhealthy carry out restaurants. I said no thanks both days and stuck to the boring sandwich, veggies, and apple I packed instead.
– This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and there is junk everywhere and I have yet to touch any of it. I am feeling strong and motivated.
– I am listening to my body and really trying to push myself during my workouts in order to improve as much as possible.
– I have added in a 3rd Orange Theory Fitness class every week and boy I love it. It really pushes me to work hard and forces me to add in strength training, plus you cannot beat that calorie burn. (That was from the class tonight.)
– I have yet to touch a piece of dessert, huge victory.
– I find I am making much smarter, healthier, food choices.
– I stepped on the scale tonight and I am down 2.4 pounds in just 9 days.
– I am feeling much better about myself and the decisions I am making.
I am feeling really motivated and proud of myself. I want to continue really focusing on eating right for the next 6 weeks and 5 days of the challenge and hopefully by the end I will have built some healthier new habits.
*I actually kicked my bottom into gear about 2 weeks before the challenge, after I posted Time to Be Honest with Myself. I did well and lost 3 pounds in the 2 weeks before I joined these two challenges. So grand total I am down 3 + 2.4 = 5.4 pounds in about 3 and a half weeks. This is huge for me. Usually I only lose about a half pound a week. It is amazing to see the changes I get when I really focus on healthy eating. My pants are close to fitting again!
If I hit my weight loss goal for this OTF challenge I want to get myself a small reward as motivation/congratulations.
Nothing too expensive (teacher budget) and not food related as I am trying to get away from always rewarding myself with food.
You all have any awesome ideas? Please share!