In addition to the Spring Reset 21 Day Challenge, that I mentioned yesterday, I have also joined the Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge at my gym. Just like the Spring Reset 21 Day Challenge the Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge also started on Monday. I figured it would be a great thing to participate in since I already love going to Orange Theory, and I am trying to lose the weight I gained over the past few months (can’t wait until my pants fit again).
Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge:
– 8 weeks long
– weight taken every week (accountability)
– body measurements taken before, halfway point, and after
– before and after photos taken
– motivation from coaches/trainers and staff
– put on a team to help cheer each other on
– lots of prizes available
* In order to be eligible to participate I have to attend my Orange Theory three times a week. I usually only go on Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes will squeeze in a 3rd visit here or there. However, I do LOVE Orange Theory and the motivation I get from classes there, so I really wanted to give the Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge a try. Because of that, my running coach and I are switching my schedule up to include 3 days of Orange Theory (High Intensity Interval Training), 1 tempo run, 1 long run, and 1 easy run day. My no impact spin day is off the schedule for a bit as I push my way through this challenge. It will be tough, but worth it, and I feel like my body is ready for this push.
I weighed in at 165.8 to start the challenge, which I am really happy with because I had a wakeup call, buckled down, and lost 3 pounds over the past 2 weeks. I would LOVE to lose around 8 pounds during the next 8 weeks. That won’t be enough to win any prizes, but I usually lose weight pretty slowly and that would be AMAZING progress for me. Plus, as long as I am going down and not up this challenge will be worth it. Also, I have never had measurements taken, so I am super curious to see how/if those change over 8 weeks.
Between the Orange Theory Weight Loss Challenge and the Spring Reset 21 Day Challenge I have lots of reasons to stay focused and on track. Time to stay strong and dedicated.
Have you ever had measurements taken before?
Do you enjoy participating in different types of groups/challenges?