I prefer the word goal to resolution, always have. To me the word resolution has a negative connotation. Like it is something you make January 1st and then by February it is out the window. Goal just seems like a stronger more lasting word. Because of that, every year I set new goals.
Last year my number one goal was to be able to run injury free. I am very happy to report that I achieved that goal! I still have the normal aches and pains that distance running brings, but my injuries have subsided. I credit a large part of this to hiring a running coach and following her plan (well as best as I follow any plan) and seeing a sport medicine chiropractor weekly (since I am doing so well I will be going every other week this year).
Now for my 2015 goals:
Running Goal: Improve my 2:10 Half Marathon Time
– Continue working with my coach
– Focus on speed work
– Push myself harder during runs
– Stop skipping strength work
– No more slacking on stretching & rolling
Nutrition Goal: Get My Eating Under Control
– Continue with tracking food
– Attend weekly Weight Watchers meetings
– Work to understand what causes my binges
– Make smarter food decisions
– Think, “Is this worth it?” first
Personal Goal: Be Kinder to Myself
– Be more forgiving of my own mistakes
– Don’t overschedule
– Allow myself more free time
– Make more plans with family and friends
– Learn how to take a compliment
What are your 2015 goals?
What steps will you take to meet them?