Disclosure: All products were provided to me free from Udi’s to use in this post, but recipe ideas are completely my own.
I wanted to share with you two simple dishes that incorporate holiday flavors along with Udi’s Gluten Free products, so that you can #EATDRINKBEMERRY with Udi’s Gluten Free this holiday season.
I have been riding the cranberry train all holiday season, but that does not mean I have forgotten how awesome figs are in dishes. Something about figs has always felt very holiday like to me, maybe it is because they have their own line in a Christmas carol (now bring us some figgy pudding). So, this weekend I snagged some delicious fig preserves at the grocery store and started planning some yummy food ideas around them.
First, I decided to make a delicious appetizer that would be great for dinner parties, but could be made in a small enough amount that it would also be perfect for a dinner at home.
Gluten Free Figgy Holiday Bites:
– For 14 bites, cook one of the baguettes as instructed on the package.
– When the bread comes out of the oven slice into 14 pieces.
– Cut the Boursin into fourths and spread a fourth over the warm bread pieces, so it will melt a bit.
– Slice the ounce of prosciutto into 14 pieces and top each bite with one.
– Then put a small dollop of fig preserves on the top of each Gluten Free Figgy Holiday Bite.
This recipe could very easily be doubled in order to take a larger quantity of Gluten Free Figgy Holiday Bites to a party/gathering as each package of Udi’s Gluten Free French Baguettes contains 2 loaves and there will be plenty of cheese and fig preserves left, just be sure to request 2 oz. of prosciutto from the deli instead.
For those, like me, who are watching watch they eat this holiday season here is the nutritional breakdown on the Gluten Free Figgy Holiday Bites.
Gluten Free Figgy Parfait:
– spoon nonfat, plain, Greek yogurt into bowl
– top with 1/8 cup Udi’s Gluten Free Original Granola
– add 2 tablespoons Fig Preserves on top for flavor
Now, it is your chance to #EATDRINKBEMERRY with Udi’s Gluten Free this holiday season. Visit their huge holiday giveaway at http://shop.udisglutenfree.com/eatdrinkbemerry for your chance to win some amazing prizes so you too can #EATDRINKBEMERRY with Udi’s Gluten Free this holiday season.
Do you ever cook with fig in any way? If so how?
What is your favorite holiday flavor? I’m really torn between cranberry and fig in appetizers and dishes and peppermint and gingerbread for desserts. I guess I just love all the holiday flavors.