On July 3rd I completed my last day of teaching before my summer vacation began. In honor of that summer vacation, I made my very own Summer 2014 Bucket List as a reminder to myself to take some time to really enjoy my vacation. Now that my students and I are all officially back to school it is time to check in and see how I did.
My Summer 2014 Bucket List Update: (in no particular order)
– watch fireworks – Twice! Once the week before July 4th with a friend and her family at the huge Fort Benning fireworks show, and once the week after with my family and my sweet nephew Jackson. – walk/run the Cooper River Bridge – Only once, I had hoped to do it more, but I did enjoy it that one time. – stroll Downtown Charleston – I ran downtown with my brother and sister-in-law and then we walked around a bit (and did some shopping on King St.).
– try a new restaurant – I did really well on this one: Scratch Taco Boutique, White Duck Taco, Mex 1, Chez fish, and Swig & Swine. 5 new places. Really liked both the taco places!
– get ice cream or fro-yo – With my sweet family and nephew on a gorgeous night at the marina. – go hiking – In Big Sur on vacation. Most beautiful hike I’ve ever taken. – take the time to read a book – I finished two: The Book of Life, which I LOVED, and The One and Only, which was supposed to be romantic, but was a bit creepy.
– shop and stroll at the farmers’ market – Wanted to go more, but I did make it there once for a quick trip with my brother and sister-in-law.
– go to a baseball game – Went to a local Riverdogs game with my mom and dad.
– visit the beach – I went twice with my family while they were in town visiting.
– swim in the ocean – I had the most fun swimming with Jackson who is a huge water bug at just 3 years old and so very brave even in the waves.
– try out a new recipe – Fail. I am so horrible about always cooking the same things.
– spend 1 night a week reading by the pool – I only made it once or twice, not once each week. Turns out most nights I just prefer curling up in bed to read.
– ride my bike to brunch – I did get my bike fixed, but I did not ride it to brunch with friends like I had been hoping.
What did you accomplish from your summer bucket list?
What do you still hope to squeeze in?