Woohoo! Summer school is over (see how excited I am in the picture as I drive away from the school building), and my first week of summer vacation starts tomorrow.
I figure that means it is time to set up some goals – to make my own summer bucket list.
Now, don’t get me wrong I plan on waking up early to run and letting myself sleep/rest a bit more; however, I am famous for always being busy, too busy. I am not good at being still and because of that I seem to jam all my breaks and vacations full of cleaning, errands, work, and more work. Next thing I know the break is over, and I didn’t really do anything fun or exciting because I was too busy working my way through my vacation.
My Summer 2014 Bucket List: (in no particular order)
- watch fireworks
– walk/run the Cooper River Bridge
– stroll Downtown Charleston
– try a new restaurant (maybe Swig & Swine)
- get ice cream or fro-yo
– go hiking (hopefully Big Sur on vacation)
- take the time to read a book
– shop and stroll at the farmers’ market
– go to a baseball game (The Riverdogs)
- visit the beach
– swim in the ocean
– try out a new recipe
– spend 1 night a week reading by the pool (I prefer nighttime so I don’t get burnt)
- ride my bike to brunch
What would be on your summer bucket list?
Do you have any of the same items I do?