Summer 2014 Bucket List

Woohoo!  Summer school is over (see how excited I am in the picture as I drive away from the school building), and my first week of summer vacation starts tomorrow.
I figure that means it is time to set up some goals – to make my own summer bucket list.

Now, don’t get me wrong I plan on waking up early to run and letting myself sleep/rest a bit more; however, I am famous for always being busy, too busy.  I am not good at being still and because of that I seem to jam all my breaks and vacations full of cleaning, errands, work, and more work.  Next thing I know the break is over, and I didn’t really do anything fun or exciting because I was too busy working my way through my vacation.

Therefore, I am coming up with my own summer 2014 bucket list to make sure I enjoy having the month of July off before school starts up again in August. photo 1 (4)

My Summer 2014 Bucket List: (in no particular order)
- watch fireworks
– walk/run the Cooper River Bridge
– stroll Downtown Charleston
– try a new restaurant
(maybe Swig & Swine)
- get ice cream or fro-yo
– go hiking
(hopefully Big Sur on vacation)
- take the time to read a book
– shop and stroll at the farmers’ market
– go to a baseball game
(The Riverdogs)
- visit the beach
– swim in the ocean
– try out a new recipe
– spend 1 night a week reading by the pool
(I prefer nighttime so I don’t get burnt)
- ride my bike to brunch

What would be on your summer bucket list?
Do you have any of the same items I do?

Comments

Clay liked Swig and Swine. he brought back some Mac and cheese for me to try and it was delicious (not much I can eat there, being a vegetarian and all) but very rich. I haven’t had any froyo out this summer and I think I need to change that since I live so close to Yum Yum.

I hope I can get back to the bridge at some point this summer too! Trying to stay around the neighborhood right now with the injury but surely in a few weeks I can hit the bridge again. Love running out there!

I am the opposite of you at Swig and Swine. I can have all the BBQ, but no Mac and Cheese (which is one of my favorites).
      I walked the bridge last night. I was so pretty. Forgot what a great breeze it has. Hope you make it out there soon.

I hope you truly can relax and take the time to enjoy your summer!!! Your bucket list looks fun and doable!!! Enjoy!

I am trying. Today I took my mom to lunch and then took a nice nap, so I did relax a bit.
      However, now I am doing about 5-6 hours of work stuff.
      So it will probably be a summery mix of both.

I would love to do all the things on your list!! Fun. Fun! Big Sur, especially. That is such a beautiful part of the country. I didn’t teach summer school so I’ve been out for a month already. I’ve been to Vegas and camping. Those were two things on my bucket list for this summer! I’m hoping to go on a hike through these TN or NC mountains before August!

I have hiked through NC outside of Asheville before and it was beautiful. Fun town too. I hope that you make it to TN or NC to hike.

We crossed off one of our summer bucket list items today – swimming in a lake! We always head to the ocean so it was fun to mix it up. I’m sure we’ll be back there again before the summer is over.

I used to love outdoor summer concerts when I lived in Indy. Too bad that is not much of an option here.
      I hope you have a ton of fun.

The Farmer’s Market! Yes this must happen, on more than one occasion! It was going to happen today but the day escaped me! Maybe next weekend :) Although, who am I kidding, there is a Farmer’s Market EVERYWHERE in Los Angeles going on at SOME POINT! I need to explore!

They are starting to open more up here. But the Saturday one downtown is by far the biggest and just as close to me as the others.
      Awesome that you have so many of them.

Trying a new recipe is a great idea!! This summer ive already been camping, white water rafting, swam at the lake and saw fireworks! Its been nuts!!

Happy Vacation! Great list. I too have trouble slowing down. I think I might steal an item or two from your list to force myself to relax/unwind this summer! I hope you get to hike in Big Sur! Would love to see the pics!

I really want to get that hike in. My mom and I are visiting my grandma, but I am trying to convince mom to sneak away with me one morning.

Congrats on making it to summer vacations! Two and a half weeks myself to go!!! Great bucket list! A few of my items can only be done in the SOUTH when I go there at the end of the month… such as enjoy at least one Summer of Shakes evening at Sonic (Peanut butter fudge to be exact), have gravy and biscuits, like you a stroll in downtown Charleston and the markets if my trip allows! I am looking forward to sleeping in!!!

You are so close to the end. Summer of Shakes evenings… I have never heard of this. Hmmmm…. time to “research”

Great list! (I’ve had plenty of froyo and ice cream this summer). I want to go hiking, real hiking up a mountain this summer, but we’ll see. May need to wait until after our Ironman!

Enjoy vacation!

Sounds like you have some exciting plans! My summer plans includes: Taking my kids to a Blue Jays Game for the 1st time, completing a triathlon, taking the kids camping for a weekend, spending a week away with just my hubby, and hopefully on my second week off convincing my kids to help me purge a big load of old toys. Have a fantastic summer!

Thanks so much. I have done a ton of work today, but I also went out to lunch with my mom, to spin class, and took a nice nap. So I am trying to balance it all out.

It is so nice being only 20-30 minutes from the beach, but lots of times I don’t take advantage of it so i had to add it to the list. Make sure I go.

I love your bucket list! I wish I could hang out at the beach, but we don’t have one. :-( I would love to take the kiddos out for snow cones and I would love to make homemade ice cream. I also just want to enjoy the outdoors and go on some fun family adventures. I LOVE summer!

Great list! Yay for summer fun! My summer plans are to explore and enjoy as much as possible. This will mean a LOT of time spent outside enjoying nature: hiking, biking, camping, exploring, beaching, BBQ’ing, etc :)

That would make me very happy mom.
      Would you and dad like to try Swig and Swine together with me sometime?
      Maybe a lunch date?

I miss lighting bugs so much. We don’t seem to have them here in SC.
      But growing up in the Midwest they were a summertime staple.