Last week I told you all I had won entry into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon and explained all the reasons why this race seemed like the perfect fit for me coming off of injury.
It will be a fun stress free race back – my only goal is to finish and have fun.
However, I knew that after a fun race back and some more training time I would actually want to try and race a half marathon to see where I am in the healing/training process and what I am capable of accomplishing.
Luckily, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & Half Marathon seemed like another perfect choice:
– Savannah is only about 2 hours away.
– It is a flat course. (Woohoo!)
– I am somewhat familiar with the city from playing rugby games there for years.
– It is November 8th which will be perfect Southern run weather.
– It gives me 10 weeks after Virginia Beach to train hard (but smart).
I have been blessed enough to be able to run both the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & Half Marathon with the wonderful people of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Competitor Series as a Rock ‘n’ Blogger.
What does this mean for you all?
1. If you register for either #RnRVB or #RnRSAV you can save $10 with my discount code SQUAREZERO. (Why not just register for both and save more? Join me.)
2. Race Swag – Be on the lookout for some great giveaways coming up on the blog before each race.
Are you running either race?
If you could choose to go to Virginia Beach or Savannah which would you pick?
Have you done a Rock ‘n’ Roll Series Race before? If so which one?