Confession: for probably two years now I have been trying to drop a little weight, but it hasn’t happened. However, recently it has been getting worse. This past year I have been in a crazy cycle where I eat horribly and gain five pounds, then struggle for months to lose those 5 pounds, only to gain them back right after. It is becoming very frustrating.
I had been using MyFitnessPal to count calories, but obviously it really isn’t working for me at this point. So, instead of just complaining about it, I decided it was time to try something. I signed up for 3 months of Weight Watchers.
I will be using Weight Watchers online and tracking all my points on my phone app (that way it is always handy). It is taking a bit to get used to the new phone app. and to wrap my head around counting points instead of calories (since this is my first time ever trying Weight Watchers), but I am hoping that this change helps to motivate me. I needed something different because I have been really struggling with my nutrition and I have had too many binge episodes lately (insert dozen gluten free cookie bites at once here). I hope that this gets me going on the right track.
As far as me losing weight:
– I am not planning on becoming a stick
– I am only looking to drop 15 pounds (the original 10 plus the 5 I gained)
– I will still be a solid size 8 or 10
– I will feel more confident in my clothes
– I will be healthier (less middle fat, which is not good for your body)
– I will be a better runner (doctors have suggested that my weight contributes to my running injuries)
Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? Or do you know anyone who has?
What do you do when you need to cut a bit of weight?