I have been desperately wanting a food processor to try out all these amazing recipes I find online. Luckily, my dad let me borrow his so I can try it out before I buy one. (Now I really want one!)
I am a huge dessert addict so I knew I wanted to make some type of dessert bite/ball.
I figure that making something at home in the food processor is probably healthier than buying something prepackaged at the store. Plus this way I can make my own delicious gluten free treats instead of being limited to the small gluten free area at my store.
Just like normal cookies these have about 100 calories a piece; however, the ingredients are all things I can pronounce and feel better about eating. Also, I was shocked by how great these were.
I had two, you know just to quality control and test them out, and had to seal them up and put them in the fridge so I won’t touch them.
Otherwise I would happily eat all 18 bites right now.
Seriously they are that good.
I you love coconut like I do, and like sugar cookies and chocolate… who doesn’t?
These are the treat for you.
Coconut, White Chocolate, Sugar Cookie Bites – Gluten Free – Directions:
– pit dates (I used 9 because that was one package, but 8 or 10 would be great too.)
– pour 1.5 cups of coconut and dates in food processor
– blend until dates are completely chopped and mixed into the coconut
– add 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour (or other gluten free nut based flour)
– optional – add a few (I used 4.) scoops of your favorite gluten free protein powder
– use food processor to mix in almond flour and protein powder
– mixture will be slightly sticky (this will help to form the bites)– transfer mixture to a bowl
– mix in 2 Tbsp. white chocolate chips
– smoosh spoonful of the mixture together
– roll into balls
– recipe should make about 18, golf ball sized, bites
Do you own a food processor?
Have you ever attempted to make any bites/balls?
Do you like coconut?
White chocolate in sugar cookies or dark? (You can substitute.)