You know that I love super simple baking recipes like my go to Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins or new favorite Skinny Chocolate Covered Banana Muffins so when I saw a Pinterest Pin for 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies it seemed right up my alley.
It is slowly cooling down and beginning to feel like fall so I am in full on pumpkin mood, brownies can never be wrong (NEVER!), and only two ingredients – I had to try this out right away.
Simple Pumpkin Brownies Ingredients-
– 15 oz. can Libby’s pumpkin
– 1 box brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Double Fudge – because that brand was on sale)Simple Pumpkin Brownies Directions-
– preheat oven to 350
– spray a 9X9 pan with non-stick spray
– stir brownie mix and pumpkin together
– cook according to directions on box
– insert a toothpick to check and make sure brownies are done
*I found these took about 5-10 min longer than they normally would.*
Simple Pumpkin Brownies Review-
– These are very quick & easy to make.
– I loved the little hint of pumpkin that came through the chocolate; however, it isn’t a lot so if you’re looking for something with more pumpkin flavor stick to my Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
– These do take about 5-10 minutes longer than brownies usually do, so watch them carefully.
– The finished brownies are very thick, really dense, and quite gooey and fudgy (even after the extra cooking time). I, of course, was fine with this, I actually really liked that they seemed just that much more sinful.
– Normally this boxed brownie mix has 130 calories and when they are made they have 170, but by subbing the pumpkin in for the oil and eggs each brownie only had 139 calories. (Hey, saving 30 calories helps. Especially if you are like me and accidently eat 3 or 4 while you are “reviewing” them.)
Favorite fall treat?
Are you a pumpkin fan?