1. I did not own a Crock Pot until I was almost 30.
2. This may or may not have been because I was terrified I’d burn the house down with it.
3. Which I blame on the fact that I don’t ever remember my mom cooking with a Crock Pot when I was a kid so I knew nothing about them and they freaked me out.
4. Everyone was right – they are awesome.
5. I am now an addict and use mine every Sunday during football season (and occasional other days too) to make big huge meals that will last me for the week.
For example: The Crock Pot Jambalaya recipe I posted this Sunday or the Mexican Chicken Crock Pot Recipe, that I make all the time because it only takes 2 minutes of prep (seriously), are some of my game day favorites.
6. My crock pot is fabulous, it works great, yet I really (really, really, really) want this special edition one they are selling at Target for just a little bit of time. I cannot help myself and stop and stare at it every time I am in Target, which is way more than I care to admit.
How freaking gorgeous is that? Multi-colored chevron…. Hello LOVER!
What you don’t get excited about kitchen appliances and gadgets too?
However, being on the single teacher budget, I am restraining and not getting it even though I want to so badly. As always, I am trying to be smart with my money and it bites.
If any of you need a new Crock Pot or a first Crock Pot please run out and get this one now so I can live vicariously through you.
If you suddenly had lots of extra money and could go wild what kitchen toys would you buy? I’d grab this, a waffle maker, and a food processor! (Whoops…Couldn’t pick just one.)