I plan to continue checking in with my #goalgetter2013 updates each month in hopes that being accountable to you all helps me stay accountable to myself.
GoalGetter February Update and GoalGetter January Update
2013 Goals – Running
*My biggest running news EVER came this month! Not only did I officially register for marathon #2 (which is exactly a month from today) a dream came true when Mizuno offered to sponsor my marathon. Being an ambassador for a brand I love – now that is a Brilliant Run!
1. Run 13 races in 2013:
My schedule has changed a bit since I dropped few races I decided against due to marathon training, but my training is going great so it is all worth it.
I am happy with my progress and I am still on track for 13 in 2013.
1. Jan. 19 – Charleston Half Marathon
2. Jan. 26 – Charlie Post 15K
3. Mar. 23 – Color Me Rad 5K
4. Apr. 6 – Cooper River Bridge Run 10K
5. Apr. 27 – Rock ‘n Roll Nashville Full Marathon
6 – 10. May–July – 5K Series
*May – Aug. Sprint Triathlon Series (Goal Number 2 – I will complete my first tri!)
11. Sept. 7 – Francis Marion Dirt Dash Half Marathon (or 12K)
12. Oct. 5 – IOP Connector Run 10K
13. Oct. 27 – Marine Corp Marathon
14. Nov. 6/7 – Festival of Lights 2 miler
15. Nov. 28 – Gobble Wobble 5K
16. Dec. 14 – Kiawah Island Half Marathon
*Plus I have some padding in there because I didn’t add in any of the sprint tris I plan on doing or my virtual race series.
2. Complete my first tri:
3. Work on my speed:
I hate, no LOATHE, 5Ks and yet I signed up for an entire summer 5K series to force myself to work on my speed. Have I got crazy? What the 5K? I also continued to see improvement on my monthly 5 mile virtual races. Who am I turning into? I Like it!
5 by the 5th – Race 1 Recap – January
5 mile total = 47.57 total
Average per mile = 9:35 pace
5 by the 5th – Race 2 Recap – February
5 mile total = 47:00 total
Average per mile = 9:23 pace
5 by the 5th – Race 3 Recap – March
5 mile total = 45:15 total
Average per mile = 9:03 pace
2013 Goals – Healthy Eating
1. Stick to 1,600 calories (of nonjunk):
Well crap! I did so well with the 4 week Diet Bet. I was sure I had proved to myself that I was capable of eating healthy while still enjoying occasional splurges. Do you think 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies and 4.5 full sized bags of jelly beans in one week count as a little splurge? Neither did I! I was very disappointed in myself, but thought it was important to admit my mistakes and the trigger behind them and move forward. I have been doing much better lately.
2. Add more veggies
3. Stay away from processed sweets and end meals with fruit instead
They may not be fruit, but I am choosing healthy bites (chocolate cherry chia, Samoa, and key lime) over a larger, more fattening, processed dessert so I still consider this a win.
2013 Goals – Personal
1. Follow a work night curfew – computer off by 9:30 & lights by 10:30:
I am doing too well with my read and relax goal. The librarian at my school turned me on to this new young adult series. Now instead of reading my running magazines for a few minutes before bed every night I am up WAY past my bedtime reading this book. I just bought number 2. Whoops!
2. Relax – find time to read before lights out
3. Be present in the moment – phone off – focus on the people you are with
How do you force yourself to stop when you are so into a book?
How have your March goals been going?