It was unseasonably cold here in the Coastal south and we barely missed the rain, but I actually enjoyed Color Me Rad a lot more than the long, slow distance runner in me thought she would.
Say YES to Color Runs If:
– You have a fun friend/group to go with
– You don’t mind getting dirty
– You can laugh at yourself
– You believe in prancing, twirling, and hopping
(So unphotogenic. 1-Staring off into space. 2- No idea why I’m yelling or cheering or whatever I am doing.)
Color Run Tips:
– They provided water at the finish so you don’t need to bring any.
– Leave the headphones at home – yell, sing, talk to people – have a good time.
– Save your car- Bring a towel to sit on or change clothes (if you don’t mind stripping in a parking lot).
– Sunglasses or goggles to cover your eyes are essential!
– A bandana to pull over your mouth is great, but you can survive without. (Hold your breath!)
– Wear a white shirt that you don’t mind having ruined.
– If you wear light bottoms prepare for them to be destroyed.
– If you wear dark (preferable black bottoms) and wash them that day they are fine.
– You know that old pair of shoes you’ve been meaning to toss? Save them for a color/mud run.
– Place your phone/camera in a ziplock bag. (My iPhone still took pictures through the bag.)
Have you ever done a color run before?
What was your impression?