Mexican Lasagna Ingredients:
- soft taco sized tortillas
- 2% milk shredded Mexican cheese
- lean ground turkey (20-24 oz.)
- whole yellow onion
- spices – chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, etc.
- can corn
- can black beans
- large jar chunky salsa (I personally always buy medium.)
Mexican Lasagna Directions:
- Preheat over to 350.
- Cook ground turkey.
- Chop onion (you need about 1 cup).
- Add chopped onion to ground turkey while it is cooking.
- Season turkey/onion mixture with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, or the Mexican spices you prefer.
- Pour corn, black beans, and half the salsa into a bowl. Mix.
- Get out a large glass baking pan and spray with cooking spray
- Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of the baking pan.
* If you want you can cut the tortillas so there is no overlap and then use the pieces you cut off to fill in the areas the tortilla didn’t cover, but in truth I do not.
- Pour half the turkey/onion mixture on top of tortillas and smooth.
- Next, pour on half the corn/black bean mixture and smooth.
- Then, sprinkle with cheese. (I do not use the whole bag, to save calories, so I use less than half.)
- Repeat, adding another tortilla layer, a turkey/onion layer, a corn/black bean layer, and cheese.
- Finally, top with 2 more tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes – the top tortilla should be a bit crispy.
- Serve with the other half of the salsa. Putting the last layer of tortillas onto this quick, easy, yummy Mexican Lasagna.
I know what I will be eating all week.
This Mexican Lasagna can easily be cut into 8 good sized servings. The fabulous part about it, not only is it quick, easy to make, and tasty – each serving is only 340 calories. That is the same as many frozen meals; however, this is much more filling. Plus who doesn’t love Mexican food? (Nobody.) Wouldn’t you rather have this than some boxed, frozen dinner? I also love how easy this is to reheat in the microwave. I had a piece fresh out of the oven tonight, but tomorrow I will come home from work, cut a piece off, microwave it, and it will still taste fabulous!
Find other quick and easy, yet great tasting recipes I created here:
Easy Baked Cinnamon Apples
Skinny Chocolate Covered Banana Muffins
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Baked French Toast
Spicy Goat Cheese Marinara
Skinny Spinach Dip
Skinny Pimento Cheese
Speedy Buffalo Chicken Soup
Mexican Chicken Crock Pot
Skinny Southwestern Chilli (Crock Pot)
Low Calorie Pulled BBQ Chicken (Crock Pot)
Vegetable Stuffed Italian Shells
Simple Crab Cakes
Baked Citrus Scallops