Apparently the Charleston Half Marathon this past weekend wasn’t enough to scare me away from my 13 races in 2013 goal. So exactly one week post half I will be racing again, okay who am I kidding, I’ll be doing my marathon training run on a race course. I am just not quite healthy enough to run full speed yet. However, the Charlie Post Classic is perfect as it is pretty much the exact distance my marathon plan calls for this weekend so I am just going to enjoy the run.
What do I know about the Post Classic? Nothing!
- Could not tell you the route
- Don’t know if it is on roads or the beach
- Heck I don’t even know who this Charlie Post dude is
- In truth I never even heard of a 15K race before
- For that matter I probably need to Google this and figure out a where and when
So why run a race I know absolutely nothing about?
- I need 13 races this year
- This one is very close by
- I’m trying to save money, and it’s cheap
Going into this knowing nothing my goals aren’t too crazy:
- Finish well
- Stop and stretch if I am in pain
- Run at a 10min. mile pace (if possible- I’ve been a bit sick this week so we shall see)
Have you ever run a race you knew nothing about?
Am I bat crap crazy for doing this?