As you all know by know I am using #GoalGetter2013 to keep myself on track and accountable for my goals. Won’t you join me?
Each month I’ll be giving a little update in order to force myself to stay accountable all 12 months. This is the year I succeed strike that dominate!
I broke my goals down into three separate areas to make them more manageable and then set three specific goals for each (9 goals total this year):
2013 Goals – Running
1. Run 13 races in 2103:
– I ran my first race, the Charleston Half Marathon, this past weekend and have race two, The Charlie Post 15K, coming up in 3 days. Surprise body, you better be back!
– In addition to that T and I sat down to plan out our marathon schedule as Rock’nRoll Nashville is only 13 weeks away. Way overwhelming between T’s traveling rugby games and hockey and my desire to squeeze in as many races as possible. How do you run a 10K for a PR and a 20 mile marathon training run in the same weekend? Ideas? Help! My ideas are roughly drawn out on charts and calendars. Now to organize my little OCD heart away so they form one neat training plan
2. Complete my first tri:
– That will wait until this summer. However, it is still a plan for sure.
3. Work on my speed – My 5 by the 5th Race 1 went pretty well. In February I will be working on speeding up and breaking my 9:35 five mile pace.
2013 Goals – Healthy Eating
1. Stick to 1,600 calories (of nonjunk)
2. Add more veggies
3. Stay away from processed sweets and end meals with fruit instead
– Truthfully, I spent the first 20 days of the month really struggling with these three goals. The holidays put my way out of whack and I didn’t like what I was doing to myself; however, it took a really surprising Diet Bet Weigh In to get me back on track. I have done awesome sticking to my calorie goal the last few days, have been eating lost of veggies, and subbing fruits for sweets. Maybe when the 4 week Diet Bet is up I won’t be terrified by the fact that I saw swimsuits in Target today. Really?!? It is January. I am freezing.
I am not ready for that yet. Heck, I am never ready for that!
2013 Goals – Personal
1. Follow a work night curfew – computer off by 9:30 & lights by 10:30:
– I am doing so well having my computer off by 9:30 even if I am not done with everything… off it goes. I am really proud of myself for keeping up with this. Night-night baby.
– However, I am struggling to get in bed with the lights turned off during that next hour and my lights off time has become more like 11:00. I have got to work on moving that back up to 10:30 because seven hours of rest is just not enough.
2. Relax – find time to read before lights out:
– I blame my extended bedtime solely on this goal. I am LOVING reading before bed, it relaxes me and makes me happy – What a fabulous part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle! I am really good about being in bed by 10:00, but then I just get sucked into my book and next thing I know it is 11:00. For example: this book started off really slow, but right now – HOLY CRAP I CANNOT PUT IT DOWN!
What book should I read next? Would love some suggestions.
3. Be present in the moment – phone off:
– I have really made an effort to keep my phone in my purse and turned off when I am with friends or family. I think I am doing much better, but I guess I will have to ask them to see if they have noticed a difference or if I need to step up the effort even more.