I have big dreams for 2013 with a big comebetter attitude to match. Now I am just praying, and stretching every night, in hopes of avoiding injuries and being able to spend my year running instead of in physical therapy healing.
I will admit I did not start the new year off on the right foot -
I was supposed to run 7 miles this morning, but today was the only day my nephew was in town (that I had off work). So instead we ran together. (Not exactly 7 miles, but one of the best runs of my life!)
I can do 7 miles anytime, they are here only a few days a year, family wins.
Now on to the goals. I am putting them all here to hold me accountable. Now that I am up and running again I have big dreams. Last year I only finished one race due to multiple injuries and some quality (expensive) PT time.
Goal Number 1 – I will go from running only one race in 2012, to running 13 races in 2013
1. Jan. 19 – Charleston Half Marathon
2. Jan. 26 – Charlie Post 15K
3. Feb. 9 – Morris Island Lighthouse Half Marathon
4. Mar. 2 – Mullet Hall 10miler
5. Mar. 23 – Color Me Rad 5K
6. Apr. 6 – Cooper River Bridge Run 10K
7. Apr. 27 – Rock ‘n Roll Nashville Full Marathon
*May – Aug. Sprint Triathlon Series (Goal Number 2 – I will complete my first tri!)
8. Sept. 7 – Francis Marion Dirt Dash Half Marathon (or 12K)
9. Oct. 5 – IOP Connector Run 10K
10. Oct. 27 – Marine Corp Marathon
11. Nov. 6/7 – Festival of Lights 2 miler
12. Nov. 28 – Gobble Wobble 5K
13. Dec. 14 – Kiawah Island Half Marathon
Goal Number 3 – I will improve my speed.
I want another sub 2 hour half marathon finish and my first 4:30 full marathon this year.
To do this I will be completing the 5 by the 5th virtual run series and attempting to beat my previous 5 mile time each month, Hopefully this will get me out of the habit of only running long and slow.
My 2013 Running Goals:
- I will run 13 races in 2013
- I will complete my first tri
- I will improve my speed
What fitness/exercise/running goals do you have for 2013?