This recipe was perfect for me today. I only had about 5-10 minutes before I had to leave for barre class, so I tossed every thing in the Crockpot and when I came home (post football game) about 8 hours later it was ready. Score! You have to love meal prep that takes less than 10 minutes.
– 15 oz. can black beans
– 15 oz. can kidney beans
– 15 oz. can of corn
– Two 10oz. cans of Rotel (Chili Fixin’s flavor)
– 1 jar of medium salsa
– 1 small onion
– 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
– Dice onion.
– Pour diced onion, all canned ingredients, and salsa into the Crockpot and mix together.
– Finally, press the chicken breasts into the mixture so they are covered.
– Turn the Crockpot on low and let it cook all day (approximately 8 hours).
– After the Crockpot has finished cooking:
– Shred the chicken, which should be very tender, with a fork (you can do this right in the Crockpot).
– Then, let it cook for about 30 more minutes once the chicken is shredded.
– Ta-da! How quick and easy was that! This recipe creates a little over 10 cups of Skinny Southwestern Chili enough for dinner that night, plus leftovers for the rest of the week. At only 181 calories a cup this is a chili you don’t need to feel guilty eating.
I am just discovering how fabulous the Crockpot is – What is your favorite Crockpot meal?
Try out these super speedy, delicious, lower calorie recipes :
Skinny Chocolate Covered Banana Muffins
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Spicy Goat Cheese Marinara
Skinny Spinach Dip
Skinny Pimento Cheese
Speedy Buffalo Chicken Soup
Mexican Chicken Crock Pot
Low Calorie Pulled BBQ Chicken (Crock Pot)
Vegetable Stuffed Italian Shells