You know what helps you get over one race? Getting under another;)
So just a day after my Kiawah Island Marathon Deferment this happened:
It may not be a half or full marathon, and I know I usually don’t run 5Ks because they are too short for my liking (and I’m cheap and don’t want to pay to run 3 miles when I do that almost every day on my own), but this Color Me Rad race seemed like something I needed to register for now. (It will be held in March.)
With all my injuries lately a lot of the fun has been taken out of running. I have not been able to run just for the enjoyment, just for the heck of it. Instead every run has been part of a strict Post Injury Running Plan monitored and timed exactly.
– will be for fun
– I will not wear a watch or a timer
– I will not worry about my stupid injured leg
– I will run slow and enjoy it
– Scratch that – I will twirl, prance, dance, and jump like an idiot
– I will buy a ridiculous tu-tu and rock it
– I will remember what it felt like when every run didn’t revolve around my injury
– I will laugh, I will love, I will run for fun
You can color me rad.
I have never done a color run, obstacle run, or mud run… What am I in for?
Any practical tips I should know?