It is so funny how I find my weekends to be really relaxing, a time when I can just embrace the happy, when in truth all I do all weekend is play catch up trying to finish the junk I didn’t get done during the week. Maybe being able to finish stuff and finally get it crossed off my to-do list relaxes me a bit. Who knows… however, it means a lot of junk crammed into weekend days. I actually do enjoy it though.
Here’s how I played catch up today:
– Slept in until 8:00. Threw on some clothes, grabbed a quick Luna bar (Chocolate Dipped Coconut) for the road, and drove off.
– Barre class 9-10:00. Their newest instructor was there and she really focused on some new hip moves. Yikes! (A good yikes!)
-After that I stopped by Trader Joe’s to pick up my weekly supply of fruits and veggies. I love how they price their produce and it looks so fresh always. Plus there is just something about that store that I love! I also grabbed some of their cinnamon crumpets for breakfast this week (these are great and not many calories).
– Then as if one grocery stop wasn’t enough it was time to head to Whole Foods to grab just a few things I couldn’t get at Trader Joe’s. By this time it was almost 11:00 and I was huuuungry so I treated myself to some delicious salad/hot bar lunch – a bed of lettuce, a bit of some special spicy pulled pork they had, tons of jalapeños, and some yummy guacamole as dressing for my taco salad, minus all the taco shell stuff.
– As is one grocery wasn’t enough it was time to brave the weekend Costco craziness to stock up on the 100 calorie flatbreads I use in my school lunch every day and some other essentials. While I was there I saw some adorable kids clothes (Why are kids outfits so dang cute?)
and realized that I was not living up to my crazy aunt title. I cannot remember how many months it has been since I had sent Jackson a package. I had to fix that problem ASAP. I mean how could you not be crazy about him? (The tall guy with him would be my little brother who isn’t so little any more.)
– Then it was finally time to go home to put all my groceries away. Wow did I buy a lot of stuff for just one person! It will all be fabulous though.
– After that I totally crashed, hard, for two hours. I didn’t sleep well last night because I was FREEZING! Not sure why as the heat kicked on when it dropped below 68. Plus, I was sleeping in sweat pants, a t-shirt, a long sleeved shirt over that, and socks. Then I wrapped myself up like a burrito in a huge fleece blanket before hopping into bed and pulling up my sheet and comforter. Still freezing all night. Weird right?!? Has anything like that ever happened to you before?
– Then it was up to run more errands and I was off to Goodwill to drop off some pants. I had pulled out all my size 12 pants to donate, but then found out I couldn’t run for 2 months. I held on to them thinking that I would gain weight if I wasn’t able to run for that long and would need to go back up a size. Amazingly, I finally learned a bit about eating healthy and didn’t gain a single pound back! Boo-yah! (This was my #givethanks for the day.)
– Then I had to stop and get gas as I realized I was about to run out. Why do I always wait until the very last possible second to get gas. It’s almost like a game. How low can it go? Do any of you do this?
– Then I rewarded myself for tossing the size 12s once and for all. However, I (luckily) learned not to reward myself with food all the time (no more celebratory pints of Ben & Jerry’s, which I still swear are single serving). I have a pair of yoga pants I always wear to barre, not to yoga – yoga sucks! Well, they have been feeling a bit big and then today they almost fell off and I do not need to expose my butt in barre class (or anywhere for that matter). I checked and found out they were a size XL. I guess I’m not an extra large anymore. Fabulous! I always run in crops, but I wanted a long pair of pants for barre during the winter so I don’t freeze while running my errands afterward. I found a great pair of cute fitted yoga barre pants at Target for under $30. Great reward for keeping the weight off even when I couldn’t run. How do you reward yourself when you reach weight loss, exercise, job, etc. milestones?
-Next, it was off to FedEx to ship some cute Jackson clothes. I cannot wait to see that baby again. Somebody needs to offer his daddy a big, fancy lawyer job that pays a ton of money here in SC.
– Finally, I made it home and had a healthy dinner crammed full of vegetables. (Who have I turned into? I kinda like her.)
– Now, I am catching up on a ton of bloggy stuff, but soon it will be movie time. I have had the same Netflix movie sitting next to my DVD player for over 2 months. I am making time to watch it tonight (I’ll do my PT stretches while I watch) and then it is off to bed early so I can wake up and squeeze in a morning long run 30 min run/walk.
Do you have weekend to-do lists?
Do they stress you out or do you enjoy it?
What did you cross off your to-do list today?