Today the #AFphotoaday topic was inspiration. I realized I couldn’t pick just one picture to take because there are so many reasons, people, and goals that constantly motivate and inspire me to keep chugging along and to always try and be better.
I have so many reasons to be fit and healthy: (or to try and be anyway)
1. You – Everyday I am inspired and motivated by so many fabulous people who are part of the fitness or blogging community. They pick me up when I am down, encourage me when times get rough, and praise me when I do well. What an amazing group. How could fabulous people like this not motivate and inspire you?
2. The Old Me – I am not going back. Adios couch potato! Unhealthy and unhappy is no way to live. I am healthier now than I ever was before and I feel so much better about myself since I discovered a healthy lifestyle. Thinking about how far I have come keeps me on track.
3. My Goals – One of my biggest motivators is goal setting. Once I set a goal I am inspired to work as hard as I can until I reach it. It is such an amazing, motivating, inspiring feeling to accomplish something you would never have dreamt was possible even just a short while ago. While I had to defer my Marine Corp Marathon goal it is always in the back of my head pushing me forward. I hope to get in shape and run the full Rock‘n Roll marathon in New Orleans later on this winter, probably very slowly since I am just starting to recover from injury, then hopefully by next October I will be able to crush my marathon PR at MCM in memory of my Bobbin (grandpa) a fabulous Marine.
4. Motivational Quotes– Finally, I have to admit that sometimes motivational quotes really get me going. I keep some saved on my desktop so when I am not feeling it I can turn on my computer and read a few in hopes they provide some inspiration.
Here are a few of my favorites:
– “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” John Bingham
– “The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” Vince Lombardi
– “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.” Mae West
– ”Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.” Harvey MacKay
And my favorite life in general, but also fitness quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” – Marianne Williamson
What is your inspiration/motivation?
Any quotes you love that really get you going?