So I had a slight mental break…. happens to the best of us. (Right?) Was driving home from work/night class and I got overwhelmed. The little hamster in my brain started flat out sprinting on his wheel and I could not turn my crazy thoughts off.
– I’m already gone from 6:30am to almost 8:00pm every day.
– I have night class, homework, and studying.
– Now I have to fit in 2 physical therapy sessions a week.
– Plus I will need to do PT stuff at home. (How am I going to stay on that when I cannot even make myself stretch after 20+ mile runs?)
– On top of that I still need to workout. Which way take way longer because running 5 miles – 50 min, but walking 5 miles is like an hour and forty minutes. Yikes! Where will I get that extra time?
– I also not only want to continue blogging, but work on growing my blog. (When Abby? How?)
-Plus I might need a social life.
– Oh, and I currently don’t sleep enough. Looks like that may get even worse.
So what did I do?
My crazily overwhelmed, twitchy self ate half a box of deliciousness.
So after I pigged out, calmed myself down, and started to think rationally I decided to fess up and tell you all – sometimes I have bat crap crazy moments. My brain just starts going and it is like I cannot reign in the onslaught of thoughts. I’m a real person, and sometimes I have real cuckoo moments.
However, I am back to sanity:
-Yes, these next 3 months will blow big (insert gross object of your choice here).
-Squeezing in grad class, PT sessions, and extra at home exercises will take a ton of time, but guess what? This too shall pass. Only 3 months.
– Yes, not running sucks epically. It is my stress relief, my favorite form of exercise, and my main drop 10 calorie burner. Reminding myself – I will run again.
– Is overeating to make myself feel better really going to work? Temporarily For a hot second of amazing flavor happiness, then I feel worse about the fact that I ate junk!
*Getting down on myself and the current chaotic state of my life will help nothing. Instead I am working on thinking about how far I have come. I am so different than the girl I used to be and need to realize and celebrate the progress I am making. I am not perfect, and never will be, I have flaws, I am a real person, I make real mistakes, and sometimes I get really overwhelmed (and only stop eating when the half box of crackers I had left is totally gone).
This message brought to you by: Abby courtesy of Health/Fitness bloggers are real people too.
Okay ya’ll tips needed-
What do you do when you are overwhelmed and feel you just cannot possible fit it all in?
I already considered mentally drooled over gallons of ice cream, but have a sneaking suspicion that may not be my best bet.