I started my drop 10 goal three weeks ago and was even featured on the FitFluential blog today. After receiving lots of drop 10 questions, tons of support, and a bit of worry I wanted to update you all on how my quest to lose those pesky 10 pounds is going. (Honestly….because I am not perfect and want you all to know that this road to healthy living is a constant journey with occasional speed bumps. )
– I have taken an entire week of running off while waiting for an exact diagnosis.
– I may have to take another week, or even more, off while I wait for a sports medicine referral or begin to see a physical therapist.
– I usually burn an extra 3,000 – 4,000 calories a week through running: It will really hurt my weight loss plan to not have those extra calories disappearing.
– I had pity party dinners Thursday and Friday when I was feeling sorry for myself because of my injury and they put me over my calorie goal both days. (Seriously… those Ben & Jerry’s pints aren’t single servings? I think that label is lying. This is why I can’t buy ice cream or keep it in the house!)
School Lunch & Night Class Snacks- Prepacked and Ready to Go!Accomplishments –
– The first 2 weeks, when I was still working out, I lost a pound each week. Down 2 total!
– Last week even without workouts I stayed the same (no gain = happy dance).
– I am picking up some of the healthy habits I wanted to focus on:
*Instead of packing a 100 calorie dessert pack every day with lunch I pack veggies.
*This guarantees I get two servings of veggies every day in my lunch.
*Plus this knocks out one chance I have to eat sweets.
– I’m also buying way more fruits and VEGGIES (Crazy right? I still cannot believe how much I love fresh green beans!), and way less snacky foods like crackers, 100 cal packs, etc.
*I hope the doctor will eventually inform me that I can do low impact walking or biking. It won’t be the same crazy calorie burn as my running, but something is better than nothing.
How do you all stay in shape when you cannot work out?
Any weight loss tips you have that might help me while I’m not running?