So when I did my post asking what you thought of this blog and what you wanted from it I got a ton of positive feedback and some great ideas. One that stuck out though was Kate’s comment about my goals… What exactly am I aiming for? So here goes.
Basically I want to become the best, healthiest version of me I can be. I realized that only running long slow (or short slow) distances is great, but not really helping to improve my fitness much more, I need to change it up. The same is true of my diet, if I don’t change what I am eating the end result won’t be any better. Here is my plan:
- 1. Run my second marathon and PR, then continue training for two winter halves. (See training update below – ignore the fact that I cannot count!)
- 2. Improve my running by incorporating two high intensity interval/sprint training days a week.
- 3. Work in two days of strength training a week (squats, burpees, pushups, dips, kettle bell swings, ab work, etc.)
- 4. Continue going to barre class one day a week.
- 5. Recover better – stretch and foam roll every single night!
- Healthy Eating:
- 1. Eat more veggies!
- 2. Cut down to only 1 sweet treat a day.
- 3. Work on meal planning & making this a habit!
- 1. Use the blog to hold myself accountable.
- 2. Continue to interact with the blogging community for motivation & inspiration.
- 3. Work on growing my blog and other social media outlets.
- P.S.- Just because you all have been commenting on my Olympic sized Lochte love. These are for you. My goofy, childish sense of humor loves them.
- What is one goal you are currently working on? Please let me know.